Sly Grog Lounge … your local bar and more!
Sly Grog Lounge is a bar, music venue and the happiest, most fun place in Asheville! If you wanna see why AVL is so special, then come to SGL and meet the creative, cool folks that make it so. We have tons of toys, yes toys and stuffed animals, babydolls and and board games. There are vintage video games like Nintendo64, NintendoNES, Atari, Wii, Playstation, and arcade games as well as pinball, ping pong, pool, vintage organs and a baby grand piano you can play. For a quiet moment there are cool books and art supplies! You’ll always hear an eclectic range of music from punk, electronic, heavy metal, art rock, folk, traditional, experimental, EDM, DJ’s etc. you will see the best of our local talent as well as national and international out of town acts. For the rock star in you, we also have a store, Foxy & Co. where you can buy LP’s and other vintage music and games, music gear, pedals, instruments, circuitbent instruments and toys, and effects, instruments, vintage clothes, costumes, fine jewelry, patches, buttons, toys and other stuff we think are fun. We offer onsite repairs and mods to instruments and gear and soon will be offering workshops on circuit bending and video glitching!
We are a private club and music venue…..all are welcome to join for a one time membership fee of $0.01
You Must be 21 to be a member and to attend events unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
(See below for our membership policies)
CALL US! 828-552-3155
Sly Grog Lounge Membership Policies
Sly Grog is a private club offering a comfortable yet refined atmosphere for drinks and conversation and as well as eclectic music, performance and social events.
Members may use Sly Grog as a place to have meet-ups and other social functions, with advanced notice to the bar staff and management. Sly Grog does not discriminate based on race, religion or sexual orientation.
Membership privileges apply equally to all members and include:
- Attentive, friendly, and prompt service.
- Admittance of up to three guests.
- Invitations to exclusive membership parties and incentives throughout the year.
We do not serve food at Sly Grog and by state law we must be a private club. Below is our membership policy.
- You must be 21 or older to apply.
- Only members in good standing, and their guests, shall be admitted to Sly Grog Lounge, hereafter referred to as “Sly Grog”.
- Anyone seeking membership must fill out a membership application and pay a fee of $1.00.
- All persons who agree to these membership rules will have an approved membership and shall be issued a membership card.
- Failure of a member to pay the annual fee will result in the termination of membership.
- A membership may be suspended or terminated by Sly Grog’s managerial staff for failure to comply with Sly Grog’s policies.
- Any member in good standing, or their bona fide guests, shall be entitled to use the facilities during hours determined and posted by Sly Grog.
- Persons in an intoxicated condition will not be allowed to enter or remain in Sly Grog or on Sly Grog’s premises, and no alcoholic beverage sales will be made to intoxicated or underage persons.
- Boisterous or indecent conduct will not be allowed in Sly Grog or on Sly Grog’s property, and will be grounds for membership termination.
- By completing the membership form and paying your membership fee of $1, you will be granted a full membership to Sly Grog.
- Other rules and regulations governing membership may be promulgated by the managerial staff, after posting notice at Sly Grog.
- Reading, playing, laughing, singing, talking and having fun are allowed!